CHN Industrial Partners
The CHN’s Industrial Partners Program allows businesses to play an important role in the research, education, technology transfer, and innovation goals of the center. This includes creating and demonstrating the scientific and technological feasibility of innovative methodologies and systems governing nanomanufacturing, assisting in the transfer of research discoveries and observations from university to industry and vice versa, and developing an interdisciplinary education program.
Examples of Partners:
- Milara: Milara is a leading supplier of atmospheric and vacuum robots, semi-automatic and fully automatic inline printers, wafer bumping and printing equipment for the surface mount technology (SMT) and semiconductor industries (SI). A privately-held firm based in Massachusetts, Milara focuses on disruptive innovation to develop, manufacture, service and license unique technical solutions and devices to civilian and defense clients.
- Raytheon: Raytheon, headquartered in Waltham, MA, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.
- Rogers Corporation: Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) is a global leader in engineered materials to power, protect, and connect our world. With more than 182 years of materials science experience, Rogers delivers high-performance solutions that enable clean energy, internet connectivity, advanced transportation and other technologies where reliability is critical. Rogers delivers Power Electronics Solutions for energy-efficient motor drives, vehicle electrification and alternative energy; High Performance Foams for sealing, vibration management and impact protection in mobile devices, transportation interiors, industrial equipment and performance apparel; and Printed Circuit Materials for wireless infrastructure, automotive safety and radar systems. Headquartered in Connecticut (USA), Rogers operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, and South Korea, with joint ventures and sales offices worldwide. Rogers recently opened a R&D center on Northeastern University¹s campus in Burlington, MA.
The benefits of membership include:
- Access to faculty experts and their knowledge base
- Access to intellectual property at free or discounted rates
- The ability to directly sponsor research
- Discounts on access to research equipment and testbed facilities
- Facilitation of and/or participation in joint proposal opportunities
- Access to the next generation of leaders
- Opportunities to hire recent graduates and alumni
- Opportunities for undergraduate and graduate coops (six-month internships)
- Free or discounted access to short courses, workshops, meetings and conferences.
Strategic Partners and Corporate Partners enjoy additional benefits.
- Royalty-free research licenses for the use of CHN technologies for internal, non-commercial purposes and priority access to multiple patents.
- Access to non-proprietary information.
- A seat on the CHN Industrial Advisory Board (IAB)
For information on becoming an industrial member/ partner, please contact Mr. Eric Howard, Corporate & Outreach Manager, at 617-373-3294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.